Friday, February 4, 2011

Don't leave home without your hat...

As I look forward to spring, I have been thinking about my backyard flower garden and wondering what to plant this year.  Sure keeping my fingers crossed that everything I ventured to buy and plant last summer will make its way through the ground after a long winters' sleep.  This was an especially unusual winter here in SC. We actually got snow that  lasted for some days.

Dreaming the arrival of spring, I began to reminisce.  Pictures tend to put a smile on my face.  As I began to meander through photos, I realized something quite funny. In so many of my winter travels, I would be wearing whatever I could buy to keep me warm.  I would get scarves, hats, sweaters, something for the moment.  I would use them for the time, sometimes never to wear them again.  Here a are few lovely hat days.  I have never had the "need" to wear them again.




I remember walking the mountain in Austria snapping pictures of all the flowers that surprised me on that winter day.  I was warm and happy in my "lovely" hat. It never crossed my mind what my husband saw or thought walking with me that day.




What about this one?  I really had to have a hat this December day in Copenhagen, Denmark.
  I don't know what I was thinking to ever go there in winter without a hat!
Well, I found one!
 Oh well, aren't the flowers lovely?  Denmark was lovely, too!

2 comments:

  1. The hats have always been nice, but the person wearing those hats is MUCH better. Love you! From your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..so the tulips in your picture make me really want spring..and an Easter dress with little white gloves and a hat :) Seems like a long time ago that we went through all those frills for spring!

    ReplyDelete