Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Longing for . . .

Although I have had the privilege of traveling, it seems the desire to go again to yet another place is always with me. When I get there, it is like I just can't wait to see what awaits around the bend, over the hill, or around the corner. I read all the brochures to make sure I don't miss any attraction. More that once, my sweet family endure my adventures. Some turn out quite fun and entertaining, while others not so good. We do end up laughing, sometimes years later just retelling the story. I do love adventure.

John Eldredge's book, The Journey of Desire, is a must read.  He writes, "We all share the same dilemma - we long for life and we're not sure where to find it.  We wonder if we ever do find it, can we make it last?"  I would like to believe that what I feel is quite the norm for most.

No comments:

Post a Comment